Weddings Engagements Portraits Ohana Slideshows Others
Ohana Wedding Site Ohana Portrait Site Previous Ohana Blog april (our daughter)
Perfect Gathering Events 11H Entertainment
aloha! in case you were wondering, ohana means family. our ohana is made up of david, kim, april, rain, and kona the dog. welcome to our blog! we are san diego wedding photographers, but we put everything in here. san diego weddings, orange county weddings, hawaii weddings, destination weddings, road trips, and even friends with beach balls. come on in and share a little aloha. please leave comments as often as possible. we love hearing from our extended ohana. mahalo for stopping by!
if you'd like to contact us, here are all the deets:
our website: www.ohanaphotographers.com
email: david@ohanaphotographers.com
cell: 858-663-3283
OUR NEW BLOG www.ohanablog.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

melissa and tim with a cherry on top


finally getting time to sit down and chat a bit about our good friends melissa and tim. soon to be mr and mrs. from the comments we've already received it looks like we're not the only ones that love these two. when melissa isn't modeling with her man tim, she's on the other side of the camera taking sweet wedding photos under her san diego wedding photographer superhero name melissa mcclure. check her stuff out HERE. i am not kidding when i say that she knows about 82% of the people residing in the western hemisphere. everytime i try to introduce her to someone i know, it turns out that she already met them like 12 years ago or something (except becker). her people skills dazzle us. that's right, dazzle. i'll say it thrice because this is THE only instance where i can say the word dazzle and not lose a bro point. she really is amazing in so many ways, and tim is a perfect match. he's one of the coolest guys we know. put these two together and happiness follows. we absolutely love spending time with them and were thrilled to do this shoot for their engagement.
i love this first shot kim took.







k-a-w-t







i smile every time i see this shot. not because i could easily throw a "wood" related reference into the caption, but because melissa looks so content.
sickos. :)







love melissa's smile here. so happy :)










golden california goodness.







fyi: there were no spiders in this field. especially no big hairy ones. :) melissa and tim were down to brave any danger to get the shot. we heart melissa and tim (and aaron and samantha).




tim and m temporarily blinded me with awesome on this one, but don't worry, i made a full recovery.










i love so many things about this session, but it seemed like everything came together on this shot for me. it is my absolute favorite of the day.







proof! california does have seasons. right now we're in fawlsome, next is awesominter, then awesproming, then, our favorite, awesummer.
no matter the season, tim and m look good in all of them.




watch out for the guns. they'll getcha.










tim had a little fun spinning melissa around in her dress. unfortunately for you, the censors would not allow us to show those photos.







melissa droppin the ferocity of a thousand ligers on us. kitty wants some candy.






















what do you get when you mix tim, melissa, tall dry grass, and late afternoon california sunshine?
awesomeness. pure, unadulterated, awesomeness.




i spy with my left eye two of our favorite san diego peeps.
we love you tim and m!




our boy aaron and his girl samantha (of A S photography) came along to keep us all company (and provide some laughs). aaron also got some amazing shots of melissa and tim. sadly, barley was not on set.







i don't know what we're yelling about!




classic melissa and tim.




i feel a zz top reference coming on.




as twilight crept over san diego we snapped a few last shots with some home made light provided by aaron's big beautiful box. i like.













thank you melissa and tim for being so awesome. we are so glad to call you friends and are completely stoked you asked us to do these photos for you. we wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness. can't wait for your wedding in 2009! aaron told us it's going to be radgasmicaliciousnessful. :)




91 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

this session is outstanding! I love all of the shots in the grass. Such beautiful-wrap-around-you kind of light :)

Anonymous said...

oh my bff looks so amazing! These are beautiful!! hurry and write the story, I wanna read it :)

Anonymous said...

Who can read with all these amazing images just smackin' me in the face. Love it! :)

Amy Clifton said...

Love this location, and the lighting was beautiful! LIke the series where she's looking up at him and then kissing....

Jamie and Family said...

Sooooo, I never comment, but I read EVERYTHING you write and have to tell ya that I think it is all hilarious! Very entertaining. And I LOVE your work. You guys were the best to come shoot us (Jeannine Maxfield's fam) when we were all in Oceanside last month! Thank you a million times over. You rock.

(Jamie)

Tiffany said...

These are awesome!!
I read what you wrote! :) And will watch for the novela!
Melissa is the coolest! She rocks on facebook too~
these are GREAT shots!!
PS Kim rocked the first shot too!

Brandi said...

The first one is MONEY, great job, love the sunshine..

Anonymous said...

this is a very different session from you! you are a jack of all trades!

i bet you they LOVED these! those last few are gorgeous! she has an AMAZING smile!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! YAY!! M and Tim are too cute :) Awesome pix BAAAAAAAXXXXXXXTTTTTTEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Boom chicka bow-wow! I mean..these are lovely. :D

kymberli q. said...

These are simply beautiful! Too many favorites but I don't have time to count which ones they are! LOL Great images guys!!!!! Just beautiful!

Sarah said...

Great job Baxter's! I have been looking forward to seeing these. :)
Where did you shoot this at?? I can't figure it out.

Mel and Tim.. You guys look sweeeeet! :)

Daniel Galang Photography said...

beautiful stuff yet again.. workin the grass! i like the one where the camera is in the grass looking up towards them..

Yay for Melissa and Tim!!!!!!!! You guys are lookin stunnin'!

Anonymous said...

My goodness you guys are AMAZING!!! Melissa, you look radiant! Amaaaazing work as always guys!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHH!!!! I LOVE THEM!!! Thank you so much, you guys ROCK!! Can't wait to read our novella!!! haha

And thanks to all the lovely comments above ;-)

Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) said...

Oh the awesomeosity of it all!
Great seeing you guys too...

-E

Anonymous said...

Dig IT!!!!! Totally Delicious!!!! Great great great!!!!!

Erin Harvey said...

Something about that Cali light is just so unique and yummy. And I always look forward to the commentary!!

Kerri McConnell Photography said...

looking good mr. (and mrs.) baxter! that first one is super juicy... i too, cannot wait for the novella!

you look beautiful melissa!

Anonymous said...

These are sooooooo freaking awesome!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the first one.
P.S. My captcha to enter this comment says berries. COOOOOOL! :)
I'm hungry and need breakfast.

Melanie Watson said...

great stuff guys.... I love the location... and all the great backlighting. Beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Mel is so amazingtly beautiful....oh and Tim looks good too. I have too many faves. I love the use of the trees and the sun - nature is so gracious and I hope all who see these photos not only honor the lovely couple, bbut the wonderful surroudings and the life that infuses these photos with energy. Namaste!

Scott said...

Awsome pics Baxters. Tim and Melissa look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW!! What a gorgeous couple! They look so happy and that light, yummy! I love her smile in the second to last shot and the ones in the grass are oh so hot!

Unknown said...

D! i love the tree shots and the sunflair. You rocked this one man.

amanda lynn photography said...

beeeeeeutiful! i love the locaion!!

Unknown said...

I looooove the pictures. They turned out great. Meli looks so cute and Tim looks handsome. I am eager to see the wedding pictures:)

Beza

Lisa Gisczinski Photography said...

Holy smokes...they look hot! AMAZING job on these...so lucky to have you.
I feel bad I didnt get to talk to you guys before I left.......next mtg :)

Blair Van Bussel said...

These are hot!!! And I am IN LOVE with this location and those trees. Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

awesome! I love the perspective in that first shot - great job!!

Amy said...

Love their personalities! My goodness, I am looking at the lot of these, and when these two just gaze at each other, like in #5, I keep thinking: magazine ad. They should be models!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable couple, and wow her expression in that last picture. FIERCE!! Love every shot!

Anonymous said...

Oooohh. Where was this? I can imagine photographing some large dogs here. The scenery would be perfect! Beautiful job.

Stacy Cross said...

Look at all that sun-shiney goodness! LOVE the night shots!

Anonymous said...

Love these!! You guys ROCKED it once again! Way to work the other side of the camera Melissa!

Anonymous said...

#5 is so magazine ad!! The couple look so intense and in love! I love the whole look of that picture. Wow, me next!! Great stuff guys!

Anonymous said...

EEEEEE!!! These are awesome! Melissa, you and Tim look great & so twitterpated. Congrats! Verdict is still out on which is my fave. So hard to decide...

Tira J said...

Yummers! Great location, great light, and a great couple.

Anonymous said...

So so fun and so hot!! <3 you guys times 1 billion! The tongue stickin out shot is so funny!! 5 and 12 are my top pics!

Mark W. said...

Loved those tree shots!

Unknown said...

Melissa and Tim look so amazing. Great job you two! :)

Kelly Park Photography said...

You were rockin the sunflare! Love it.

cassandra-m said...

You guys ROCK the LIGHT on these!!! AMAZING! WOW...WOW...WOW! The pics in the field are insanely beautiful. What a great location. I felt all warm & fuzzy looking at these. This looked like a fun couple to photograph. Simply breathtaking!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous couple! Your pictures are always so full of life! These are no exception! You guys rock!

Josh said...

Yep, that first shot rocks, and I am one of those 3 that reads what you write :)

Anonymous said...

Blown out of the water like a battleship! The first shot and the sepia ones are so beautiful!

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

Man, totally rocking sunflare dude! Nice nice nice!

Travelin' Two said...

That's my baby! What beautiful photos, artful branches, amazing light. I love them all. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This couple looks like a lot of fun!
I think the one where they are about to bite each other is HILARIOUS!!! I love them and don't even know them.

.E. said...

Love these.. so wish I had photos like this of me and the hubby...

Unknown said...

hottttt-tatatatta-tottt!

Great job friends!! :) They look wonderful!!

Soo good to see you both the other night! we will chat soon! :) have a great day!

J. Castro Photography said...

number 23... MONEY! You guys are always soooo full of awesomeness. =) Hope you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Gosh you guys you always amaze and suprise with the mix of pics! Love this couple and how cute they are! My favorite is the sepia ones and the one on the bench where they're yelling. So cute and funny!

Stephen Grant said...

David & Kim.... OHHHH-ANA! These are incredible in so many ways .... it would be an injustice for me to pick a fav.... love 'em!!! Awesome use of the location, killer light, and a great couple. Just beautiful!

Rachel Brooke said...

Oh I like that 1st shot, made me feel kinda sneaky like I was spying on them!

Anonymous said...

Love that 1st shot SO much! Beautifully done as usual! :o)

Ginger Murray said...

The first one looks like a painting! Great lighting on these. I bet they're thrilled with the pics!

Lisette Price Photography said...

Such a beautiful couple! Beautiful shots as always! I especially like the last few. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your writing! I'm sure lots of us read it! :) Love that first one too and the last ones with the lighting...super cool!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful beautiful shots! Melissa looks gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I just love 12 , that should be blown up big and put on their wall! I also love 23 they look so in love in that one, and her smile in the sepia vertical one is so gorgeous. WOnderful job here!

Kristen Wild said...

You so rock! So many favorites here. I enjoy reading everything you add to your blogs. Mel and Tim look like they had a lot of fun with this session. Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

What great pics! What a great couple! Ok, I may be a little emotional, but they look so in love I wanted to cry looking at some of the shots! Really loving a beautiful couple! I LOVE the shot of them in the field, she's leaning back into him with her hand on his neck!!! I can't wait to read your little write-up. I wanna hear the story along with the pic with the two guys. They look like they're all having too much fun! :) Congratulations on your engagement! Can't wait to see the wedding pics!

Anonymous said...

oh WOW.....WOW, these are beautiful! I can't pick one because they're all just WOW! =)

Anonymous said...

love them.

p.s. i definitely read what you write.

AHS Photography said...

You guys are awesome!

BeDaZzLeD Photography said...

I really love the warmness and beautiful sun in these. Great job!!!

Erika McCauley said...

For the record - I love reading what you write! :) This session is great! I love that first one especially!

Cathrine Bock said...

You guys still rock our world as much as always!!! :-D I've gotta get back into stalking!!!! >.<

Anonymous said...

I am loving 5, 6 and the last 2 shots! These are super yummy! Very lovely couple too!

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

HOT HOT HOT HOT - i love the fall colors! You continue to inspire me!

Anonymous said...

Love how lovey dovey this couple is! Love all the warm ones and the nighttime stuff is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Love how lovey dovey this couple is! Love all the warm ones and the nighttime stuff is fantastic!

Christina LeMarr & Susan Hanson said...

I must say I LOVE everything you guys do! I love the sunflare, I love the first shot and the tounge shot haha!

~Susan

Anonymous said...

They are such a cute couple! You guys rocked the hell out of that beautiful lighting! These are beautiful!

MM said...

Yay for text!!!! You crack me up. We love you guys too!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are flippin awesome! I LOVE the "Classic Melissa and Tim" black and white one... Awesome shots!

Anonymous said...

oh wow this couple looked like sooo much fun!! lol and I LOVE the flair shots, of course! :D

Nat said...

I love them!!! Melissa and Tim look great!!! Beautiful use of light :) The photogs and the couple rocked this session :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing, fabulously amazing, I love all the pictures...Ha ha @ the pillow under her shirt...you guys rock fabulously...

Eight20 Photography said...

yay Melissa. What a wonderful session!! It's so nice to be able to see photos of other photographers, especially engagement pics! Yay :).

rowena said...

I'm a little late chiming in as usual... Melissa looks HOT! Sizzling... pssssssss... Both ends (behind camera and in front) totally rocked it! Congratulations to you Melissa and Tim. And to you Ohana for nailing yet another superfab session!

Jeanette said...

Love them all...Melissa is beautiful!
Another excellent session for sure.

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Awesome shots!! I know who Melissa is too ;-) Not personally.. don't know how... but she's in my MySpace friends list and been checking out her stuff time to time :) Yay for photogs getting married! :)

Tiffany Izatt said...

I gotta say, that first one...yep its the winner...love the darker ones at the end too

Anonymous said...

I am loving all the nighttime pics! How cute are they? Everyone seems to always have fun at your sessions!

Anonymous said...

Great work and congrats to Melissa and Tim!!!!

Dave Richards said...

David, you rocked this set! Great job man. And congrats to you Melissa!!

Anonymous said...

I love the sepia one and the flare coming through their kiss. Once again you captured some true love and happiness here guys!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Always love your diversity and style! Love her smile in the last few images!

Lydia said...

The ones in the field are just gorgeous!