Weddings Engagements Portraits Ohana Slideshows Others
Ohana Wedding Site Ohana Portrait Site Previous Ohana Blog april (our daughter)
Perfect Gathering Events 11H Entertainment
aloha! in case you were wondering, ohana means family. our ohana is made up of david, kim, april, rain, and kona the dog. welcome to our blog! we are san diego wedding photographers, but we put everything in here. san diego weddings, orange county weddings, hawaii weddings, destination weddings, road trips, and even friends with beach balls. come on in and share a little aloha. please leave comments as often as possible. we love hearing from our extended ohana. mahalo for stopping by!
if you'd like to contact us, here are all the deets:
our website: www.ohanaphotographers.com
email: david@ohanaphotographers.com
cell: 858-663-3283
OUR NEW BLOG www.ohanablog.com

Friday, February 5, 2010

honor, courage, commitment, and fashion


honor.
courage.
commitment.
these are the core values that define every member of the united states marine corps.
these are the words i look to for guidance, inspiration and hope in my own life.
one of these words has come to the forefront for our family over the past weeks.
courage.
the usmc website says that courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to face fear and overcome it.
we have much to be fearful of right now, but it is courage that will see us through these challenges.
it is the courage of all of you, our family and friends, that will steady us in these times of stress.
we can not thank you all enough for the love, support, and all the prayers you hands can make for our family.
just so you know, kim's dad is home again and we will be thankful for every moment we share with him from now until God calls him home.

life will go on, and does so at quite a swift pace.

as this year's wedding season lies in wait, we can not. we need distraction, if only for moments at a time, from the greater trials of life. commitment to our chosen profession works well in this capacity.
looking for something to help me recharge, i once again turned to the fashion industry for a bowl of inspiration soup.
i love that soup.
this san diego fashion photo session was for a dear friend of ours, tatiana zaykovskaya. she is an incredibly talented fashion designer that just graduated from the art institute of san diego and will soon be a huge name in the fashion industry. we wish you all the luck in the world tatiana! did you hear that? new york, london, paris, munich, and milan are calling you. :)
before i get to the images, i want to thank a few people for making this shoot awesome.
tatiana, of course, for being such a wonderful person and for making some of the most beautiful dresses i've ever seen but will never wear :) if anyone ever needs an awesome custom wedding dress, a custom bridesmaid dress, or any kind of dress at all, give tatiana a call. she really does amazing things with material.
the models, for making my "work" easy. i can't believe i just called it work.
the mom, for supporting her daughter, who i believe will be america's next top model by the way.
natalie dixon, for doing makeup that put the finishing touch on the girls and made them look even more beautiful than they already were.
alana d, for being super cool and for styling hair like no other.
the united states marine corps, for their honor, courage, commitment, and for letting us take photos next to some of the vintage aircraft that have served them.

now, on with the show. this first shot is of a custom wedding gown by tatiana zaykovskaya. it would look absolutely stunning even if it were on a rusty old coat hanger, but i'm glad we had kiersten to show it off. she looked incredible in this dress and had a crowd of cub scouts that were walking by trying not to trip over their own jaws.
this is my favorite shot of the day.













kim was out there shooting with me (shocker, right). this shot and the next one are my two favorites from her. good job lover :)

































































i can't talk about the marines without posting a scene from one of our favorite movies with marines. enjoy.







thank you for visiting our wedding photography blog
check out our portfolio.
contact us by phone at 858.663.3283 or email david@ohanaphotographers.com



ohana photographers | ohana photographers blog | hawaii wedding photography | orange county wedding photography | los angeles wedding photography | wedding photographers | hawaii family photographer | orange county family photographer | los angeles family photographer



63 comments:

Harmony Loves said...

gorgeous dresses and gorgeous images! You all killed it!!

Pinky said...

holey hotness! awesome everything!!

J. Castro Photography said...

BADASS! OOOORAH OHANA!

Aaron Shintaku said...

Awesome!

Alice Hu said...

oh my word...these are awesomeness!!!

erica said...

LOVVVVVE!!!!

Kelli Bramble said...

Awesome, beautiful shots!!

Embrace Life said...

Insane! So freaking good.

Pam said...

I adore that wedding dress! Oh my goodness these are gorgeous!

Jamie Burnett Photography said...

WOW.. I'm speechless! These are amazing! The girls are stunning and the vintage planes... Everything came together perfectly! Great stuff!

Shandi said...

So happy you blogged! And fashion stuff! my favorite! Oh je' taime these =) Lol, like my bilingualness? I seriously cannot chose a favorite shot, these girls are gorgeous, the dresses are to die for and the hair and make up is just wowza hawt!

.E. said...

I am so glad to hear Kim's dad is home.. good to hear.. enjoy all the little moments.. thats always the best way to be..

Love these photos.. if I ever come to CA I would love to shoot with you guys.. just for the experience.. of shooting with people who are so gifted and talented.. ( nuff ass kissing )

great movies... both of them

Rachael Earl said...

I love everything about #7-it is my fave! And now I feel the need to watch A Few Good Men-such a good movie!

tammi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them.
Can't choose a favorite.
Seriously.
:)

Brandi said...

Helllllllllo sexytime. These are super hot. But that's no surprise!

Zak said...

______________ <-----*speachless*

Josh said...

what a rad session, bro. the styling, the planes, everything.

Katie Neal Photo said...

omg. let me re-close my mouth, as my jaw fell to the floor looking at these. i think they may be my fave i've ever seen from you. STUNNING!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Ohhhhh soooo amazing!

tatiana zaykovskaya said...

Kim and David! Thank you so much for your blog post! It is always such an honor to work with you! I was so lucky to meet you! not only incredibly talented photographers but also one of the nicest, kindest people I have ever met in my life!

Cathy Crawley said...

I have been DYING to see the rest of these shots, and OMG after I picked myself up off the floor and wiped the drool off my keyboard I stared at them for about half an hour! Simply amazing Baxter! Truly, your. best. work. yet! LOVE!

Bob said...

LOVE them all!!

Lisa Carpenter said...

GASP!!! I am such a lover of high fashion photography and these are freakin' amazing! Ok, I am gasping again.

ayres photography said...

I can't get over how amazing these are! Fabulous job!

Britt said...

Right out of a wedding fashion magazine! WOW! That wedding dress is incredibly beautiful and stylish! Her designs are amazing as are your photos!

gina&tony said...

you guys really rock my socks. totally in love with #2!

Brianna Phelan said...

I just swore looking through these in a very good way. D&K you two rock my world. Love you guys!

Samaria said...

I love all of these, but especially the shot of her arm diagonally matching the line of the propellor...wowza! Beautiful!

Regina White said...

OH MY! These just blew me off my seat. By far the best...Okay I have said that before but this is so the truth. Now I know you can handle that. =)

cassandra-m said...

FREAKIN AMAZING. Some of my most favorite images of yours ever! watch out Tyra Banks...these photos are FIERCE! xoxo.

Onada said...

You guys blow me away every single time!!!!

Anonymous said...

omgosh! These are just amazing!!!I <3 the processing on that second shot, and 13 ... it's perfect! Wow, what a scene! Wish I could do something so rad! Awesome work!

Eric Foley said...

You guys knocked this one out of the park! Like right over the Green Monstah! Incredible talent guys, well done.

kymberli q. said...

Holy freakin' Moly! These are UNBELIEVABLE!! I seriously think these may be your best ever! These are amazing and high-end magazine worthy! Incredible job!!!!!

Jen Stewart said...

HOLY HOTNESS YOU GUYS!!!! Can I be you when I grow up???? :)

chris & Jen & the Stew Crew said...

HOLY (BEEP)!!!! Dude we were stoked when you shot us last year but after seeing this session, I CANT WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO SHOOT US AGAIN IN VEGAS!!! This is so amazing!! The Last 2 images are.............are..................ARE................FRICKEN FRICKEN AMAZING CHICKEN!!!!!!!

Pauline said...

KACHOW! Super fashion hawtness right here! I love that wedding dress by the airplane and the one with the doggie in the purse, SO CUTE!

Al Quackenbush said...

It's been a while, but I checked your stuff out (talked to Kymberli and she said I wouldn't regret it) and WOW! Fantastic work! Love the last groups of images. Sharp, stunning models, but the imagery it conveys is AWESOME!

Wai Reyes said...

You guys, these are seriously badass! WOW!

Anonymous said...

The models really worked it! Combined with the magic skills you both posses those are killer images. :-) Love em all!

Blair Van Bussel said...

Oh my goodness!!! These are flippin amazing! What a fantastic way to start my day! Great job you guys!

smittengreta said...

oh. my. oh my. my, oh my. seriously... hard to say cause you have so much great work.. but for real... i'm thinking........... best work EVER?!

Sylvia Borgo said...

these are incredible! but I don't expect anything less than that from you guys! I love kimi's second shot - with the little purse and the pup. I also love the 4th and 5th from the end! yahooo!

Adrienne Gunde said...

My jaw dropped looking through the photos! First off, the dresses are to DIE for. And the vintage planes? Totally awesome. Models? Stunning. And the photographs? Breathtakingly creative & amazing as always. Loved this shoot!

Danielle said...

Insane!!!!! Love the high fasion feel and the PP. The write ups are always a great read too!

Brianna Phelan said...

Came back again guys just to see this post twice. It's that damn awesome!

Samantha said...

Oh how I love these!

Afolabi - Fotos by Fola said...

All i am going to say is AMAZING!!!!!!

Emily Faulknor said...

You guys, these are fantastic! You totally rock the fashion shoots every time! I have shot at the Midway several times, but love your creativity in these photos and it inspires me with new ideas for that place. Great great great job!

marlinmunoz said...

PHENOMENAL images my friends....really loved them all!

Trina said...

I am IN LOVE! I wish I had pictures like these of me, granted I'm not as gorgeous as them, but I think you could make me look maaah-velous!

chriselda said...

mother EFF this post is awesome!!!

Rebecca said...

I love these! Love fashion photography and old planes. Awesome combo!

melissa oholendt said...

These are AMAZING. The dress have an amazing way of making the rough-and-tough marine symbol seem even tougher while the dress still remain light as air. Seriously amazing.

Haute Style said...

Wow, this is so inspiring - what stunning shots!

Allie

Stacie Frazier - Haute Shots said...

Love, love, love it when you guys shoot fashion! These shots are absolutely gorgeous! Totally inspiring!

Alisa Greig said...

oh wow! didn't know you posted these!!! soooo great, love them all, hot, hot, HOT!!

Michelle Bellofatto said...

Gasping over these images. Just like looking at the pages of a Vogue magazine. Amazing. Stunning. You are both artistic geniuses. xo

Maya Laurent said...

Lots of inspiration here. These rock!

Rich Pizzuti said...

pow! (that was the back of my head exploading)

Sofie said...

These are SO damn good! The second one is seriously stunning and there's something about the 14th one I really love - great processing. Such a cool location, dresses, poses - everything!!

Kristin said...

These are so so fun. What a rad shoot!

http://kristinrogersphotography.typepad.com

Virginia Vo said...

OMG! this is a rad shoot! I love ALL the shots (as always) and the dresses are just gorgeous! My favorite dress is the WOW wedding dress! LOVE LOVE LOVE!